Rotary Shaft Seals
For sealing dynamic, rotary motion
AHPSeals provides one of the most comprehensive ranges for rotary shaft seals and rotary lip seals for both OEM and MRO requirements.
Our rotary seals are classified as outlined below:
The primary functions of rotary shaft seals for most applications are to retain the bearing lubricant and to avoid leakage that may cause environmental issues, and to enhance the performance and life of the bearing by minimizing dirt, dust, product, moisture and water ingress that leads to damage and premature failure of the bearing and other system components.
Higher pressures and/or speeds result in high thermal and frictional loads acting on the dynamic sealing areas of rotary seals and can lead to premature seal failure. Therefore, special attention must be paid to the selection of a suitable seal design and appropriate seal material.
Please contact one of our experienced seal engineers to select the best seal for your application.
Our rotary seals and radial lip seals are designed to seal fluids, gases, oil, grease, oil mist, vacuum or other media on rotating equipment, including rotating or oscillating shafts, rods, tubes or bores. We offer rotary seals specially designed for applications, including:
- High- and medium-pressure sealing
- Low friction and low energy consumption
- Low torque
- Dry run
- Poor or no lubrication
- High temperature
- High surface speeds
- Shaft misalignment
- Corrosive and aggressive media
Our Rotary Seals are classified as follows:
- Primarily for applications with no pressure or very low pressure spikes up to 7psi (0.5bar)*
- Typical applications: oil and grease retention for power transmissions, motors, pumps, gearboxes, fans, machine tools
This product line includes standard and special seal designs of rubber with metal insert construction and non-metal construction rotary shaft lip seals with or without a spring. The dynamic sealing lip is made of rubber material, available in a wide variety of standard, premium and special material options to meet specific fluid, temperature and other demanding operating requirements.More info
- Sealing up to 500psi (35bar)*
- Typical applications: pumps, motors, machine tools, brakes, clutches, mixers, compressors, power transmissions
This product line includes standard and proprietary rotary seal designs and materials which overcome some of industry’s most challenging operating conditions for sealing higher pressures and dynamic motion of rotating shafts or bores.
- Sealing rotary motion up to 10,000psi (690bar)*
- Typical applications: motors and pumps, rotary couplings, brakes, winches and draw works, rotary manifolds, drilling equipment, mixers
This product line includes standard, proprietary and patented high-pressure rotary seal designs and materials to overcome one of industry’s most challenging operating conditions of sealing high pressure and dynamic motion of a rotating shaft or bore on rotating equipment. More info
- Sealing rotary motion where the operating conditions exceed the capabilities of elastomeric rubber lip seals and/or enhanced sealing performance is required.
- Typical applications: motors and pumps, rotary unions, brakes, clutches, power take-offs, top drives, drilling equipment, mixers, filling equipment
This product line is characterized by seal designs and seal materials that provide low friction, low torque and wear under load, low and/or high temperature (-328°F to +500°F), dry run and high surface speed capabilities up to 10,000fpm (50m/s)*
- Sealing rotary motion at no pressure
- Typical applications: motors and pumps, gearboxes, rolling mills, calendars and mastication mills
This product line is primarily designed to offer easy installation for oil, grease and bearing replacement seals to save on costly equipment disassembly and downtime. Seals can be supplied solid for original build and split for field replacement.
- Sealing rotary and oscillatory motion at high pressure and lower surface speeds
- Typical applications: hydraulic swivels, hose reels, rotary unions, robotic arms and manipulators, machine tools, turntables, positioning devices
- Sealing rotary motion at no pressure
- Radial exclusion seal
- Typical applications: pumps, compressors, gas turbines, motors, machine tools
This product line is designed as a non–contact exclusion seal to protect bearings from light splashing contaminants and for high rotational surface speeds up to 10,000fpm and almost unlimited service life. Exceptionally low power losses.
- Axial exclusion seal, no-pressure sealing
- Typical applications: rolling mills, paper mills, conveyors, agricultural equipment
This product line is designed as an exclusion seal to protect the primary seal from contaminants.
Applications & Industries
Some applications of our Rotary Shaft Seals that are in successful service include:
- Crank Shaft
- Downhole Drilling Tools
- Drilling Spindles
- Electric Motors
- Fuel Handling
- Fuel Pumps
- Gear Boxes
- Gear Drives
- Hydraulic Motors & Pumps
- Hydrostatic Transmissions
- Hydro Power Plants
- Industrial Fans
- Liquid Handling Swivel Joints
- Mixers & Dryers
- Packaging Equipment
- Power Take Offs
- Propeller Shafts
- Racing Engines
- Rolling Mills
- Rotary Swivels
- Rotary Unions
- Rotary Carousel
- Rotary Tables
- Vacuum Pumps
- Wheel Hubs
- Agricultural Equipment
- Chemical Processing
- Construction Equipment
- Food Processing
- Hydraulic Equipment
- Hydro Power Plant
- Heavy Machinery
- Industrial Equipment
- Machine Tools
- Military, Defense
- Mobile Equipment
- Oil & Gas
- Power Generation
- Pulp & Paper
- Renewable Energy
- Space Exploration
*Maximum values depend on seal material, seal configuration, media, temperatures, pressures, surface speed, dynamic running surface finish and working environment. Data provided are guidelines for ideal operating conditions. Seals cannot be operated at their upper pressure and speed ratings at the same time. For maximum seal life expectancy, do not operate your seal beyond 75% of any of its operating limits. Please consult engineering or call 1-800-283-7140 for advice.
American High Performance Seals assumes no obligation or liability for any advice furnished or results obtained with respect to these products. All such advice is given and accepted at the buyer’s risk.
This information, based on our experience, is offered as part of our service to customers. It is intended for use by persons having technical skill, at their own discretion and risk. We do not guarantee favorable results, and we assume no liability in connection with its use.